By: Randy Engel
A National Write-In Campaign to Refocus the U.S. Supreme Court’s Attention on the Unborn Child
From: U.S. Coalition for Life, Export, PA
To: Prolife Americans of All Ages, Creeds, and Racial/Ethnic Backgrounds
Date: From May 15, 2022 – Until the Rejection of Roe vs Wade
Goal: To Refocus the U.S. Supreme Court’s Attention on the Unborn Child as a Human Being and a Natural Born Citizen of the United States with All Rights Thereof, Foremost the God Given Right-To-Life. Please Duplicate and Circulate Freely.
Letter Basics for Writing U.S. Supreme Court Judges
Why Letters? Supreme Court judges prefer typed or hand-written letters over emails and phone calls. Security professionals and law clerks sort the incoming mail first. Exceptional individual letters are given directly to the addressed judges. Others are noted.
Who are the current U.S. Supreme Court Judges?
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr.
- Associate Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr.
- Associate Justice Clarence Thomas
- Associate Justice Stephen G. Breyer* Announced Retirement
- Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor
- Associate Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh
- Associate Justice Elena Kagan
- Associate Justice Neil M. Gorsuch
- Associate Justice Amy Coney Barrett
How do I address my Envelope?
- For the Chief Justice, address your envelope to: The Chief Justice of the United States, One First Street N.E., Washington, D.C., 20543
- To address a letter to any other Supreme Court justice, address the envelope to: Justice (surname), The Supreme Court of the United States, One First Street N.E., Washington, D.C., 20543
What Is the general format for a letter to the Supreme Court?
Street, City, State Zip
The Honorable _______ ________
Supreme Court of the United States
1 First Street, NE
Washington. DC 20543
Dear Chief Justice Roberts,
Dear Justice _________ (surname),
Content of Letter – Theme: The Humanity of the Unborn Child; Like Slavery, the Court’s Duty is to Outlaw, Not Regulate, the Killing of An Unborn Child; Remember the human embryo: “A person’s a person no matter how small,” courtesy of Dr. Seuss (1954). Words are weapons. Use clear and precise language. Lastly, be respectful of the office.
Closing salutation – e.g., Sincerely, Thank you,
Should a sample copy of the letter be sent to the Public Information Officer? Yes, where possible, making a total of ten letters.
The current Supreme Court Public Information Officer is (Ms) Patricia McCabe, a graduate of St. Mary’s College and the University of Notre Dame. She is the media liaison and advises Chief Justices on their public communications and press relations.
Suggested Themes for Adults
· The Fifth Commandment – Thou Shalt Not Kill – God is the final Supreme Court Judge.
- The unborn child is a unique human being. He is not an appendage of his mother. The obstetrician has two patients – mother and child. Ultrasound proves the existence of the second patient. To be pregnant is to be “with child.”
- The abortionist knows he has two patients – one of whom he contracts to kill – the unborn child. He doesn’t intend to kill the mother, although he may end up killing her as well.
- The unborn child requires legal protection at all stages of biological development from human embryo to birth. No one has the right to deprive another of any of their rights except with due process of law for criminal behavior.
- Abortion is not a “divine right.” Like the advocates of slavery who insisted that it was the “divine right” of every white man who wanted to own a slave – so abortion advocates insist that women have the “right” to abortion and they seek to expand that “right.” Both were and are dead wrong.
- Abortion, like slavery, is an all or nothing proposition. The doctrine of “popular sovereignty” or “states’ rights” does not apply to abortion. Death by geography is untenable. As we cannot have slave states, so we cannot have states where abortion is legalized.
- “May the violence of abortion pass away as completely as the violence of slavery did over a century and a half ago.” See A FOUNDING FATHER ON THE RIGHT TO LIFE for excellent background on the U.S. Founding Fathers and the right-to-life.
- Abortion kills an unborn child, but there are other victims as well, e.g., the siblings of a murdered child, who come to understand that their pregnant mother killed their brother or sister for whatever reason. Abortion drives a stake into the heart of a family where surviving siblings have good cause to worry about their own security and can never really feel safe.
- Women who have had an abortion, or multiple abortions, often regret their decision. They are among the best voices we have to counteract the feminist propaganda slogan, “Our bodies/Our choice.” Abortion does not “liberate” a woman. It enslaves her.
In Defense of the Human Embryo – The Tiniest of Our Kin
- Parents or relatives of newborn babies may want to write the Supreme Court justices on behalf of their very young children stressing the theme of Theodor Seuss Geisel, aka, Dr. Seuss in his famous child’s book Horton Hears a Who! – “A person’s a person no matter how small.” This book was written in 1954 before the killing of unborn children became “a woman’s right.” In place of a signature, an imprint of an infant’s or young child’s hand or foot instead of a signature will make the point clear to all the justices that the unborn child is a human being, no matter how small.
Some selective quotes from Horton Hears a Who! See The 18 Best Horton Hears a Who Quotes.
- ″‘Believe me,’ said Horton, ‘I tell you sincerely, my ears are quite keen and I heard him quite clearly. I *know* there’s a person down there. And, what’s more, quite likely there’s two. Even three. Even four.‘”
- “From sun in the summer. From rain when it’s fallish, I’m going to protect them. No matter how small-ish!”
- “And you very small persons will not have to die if you make yourselves heard! *So come one, now, and TRY!*”
- “Don’t give up! I believe in you all. A person’s a person, no matter how small!”
- “While Horton chased after, with groans, over stones that tattered his toenails and battered his bones, and begged, ‘Please don’t harm all my little folks, who have as much right to live as us bigger folks do!‘”
For Horton Hears a Who! print squares see Dr Seuss a person is a person no matter how small.
- Teens and young adults may want to advance a theme that demonstrates the futility of setting “time limits” for the killing of innocent unborn children. If you were born prematurely, enclose in your letter pictures at birth and current pictures that demonstrate killing at 15 or 20 weeks is no different that killing at six months or at nine months via partial birth abortion.
Note: To date the smallest preemie is James Gill, a Canadian, who was given zero, zilch, chance of survival when he was born at 21 weeks and five days weighing 1 pound and 6 ounces in 1987. He is currently attending college. The normal human gestational period is 280 days (40 weeks).
- There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of human embryos languishing in concentration cans around the world including IVF labs and government research facilities in the U.S. This mass production and mass destruction of the least of our kin must be stopped. Likewise, the distribution of early abortifacient devices and drugs needs to be outlawed.
- Even a child conceived in a test-tube is called “a test-tube BABY.” Can a child conceived in his mother’s womb be anything less than a human BABY?
Senior Citizens on the Abortion-Euthanasia Connections
- If the Supreme Court supports a 15 week “limit” on the killing of innocent unborn children and permits each state to set its own regulations on the age that children can be killed in the womb or in the test-tube, what is to prevent the state from setting a limit on how long the elderly should be permitted live? Having once established the principle that the State or Federal government has the authority to kill innocent human beings, aka the unborn child, how can one deny the state the right to kill its “useless eaters”?
- If you are for abortion, you are against your own survival. Killing at the beginning of human life portends disaster for the aged at the end of their life. Some states already have “right to die” or “assisted suicide” laws on the books. The “slippery slope” has already hit rock bottom with involuntary euthanasia carried out by doctors turned murderers, just like the abortionist.
Make This Write-In Campaign A Family Affair: PRAY AND TAKE ACTION!
Make this write-in campaign a family affair since every human being, whatever his age, has a stake in the upcoming U.S. Supreme Court decision on abortion.
Also, please circulate to your parish priest, your minister, or your rabbi and local right-to-life and prolife pregnancy centers.
Please make this last-ditch effort to be a voice for the unborn child – a voice for the voiceless. You’ll always be happy you did make this eleventh-hour effort to refocus the Supreme Court’s attention where it belongs – ON THE UNBORN CHILD THREATENED BY ABORTION.
Any questions? Contact:
Randy Engel, Founder and Director of the U.S. Coalition for Life
Office Phone: 724-327-7379