The Harvesting the Fruit Forum is a gathering place for lively discussion on all matters Catholic; particularly those of interest to so-call “traditionalists.” It’s not a substitute for the comment section on the blog, so please continue to offer them.
This Forum is not for traditionalists only. I want those who disagree with the prevailing views here to feel welcome, otherwise we’ll just end up preaching to the choir.
I’m not inclined, nor do I really have time, to police the activity of the Forum. At some point it may be a good idea to have moderators, but until then let it be said that we’re all responsible before God, not just for what we say, but how we say it.
Only a fraction of those who visit this site comment on its contents. Our words can serve either to attract or repel others from the incredible richness that can only be discovered in authentic (read, traditional) Catholicism. Let’s try to focus on doing the former.
With all of this said, here are a few basic ground rules:
1. No personal attacks. No name calling. Focus on objective truths. Avoid subjective judgments like motives.
2. Rule #1 applies first and foremost to the Holy Father. (I need this reminder as much as anyone.)
3. Treat those Catholics who don’t share a love of tradition for what most of us were at one point; victims of the current crisis who had no idea how much of our inheritance was stolen.
4. Don’t get sucked into endless fencing matches with “trolls.” You know who they are. Ignore them and they’ll leave.
5 Have thick skin. Expect passion. I don’t want emails about bad apples unless truly necessary.
6. Keep in mind that offenses against our Holy Catholic faith are first and foremost offenses against Christ, not us.
That’s enough to give everyone a sense for what I envision. Thanks in advance for making this Forum a go-to place for those who love tradition, and those who want to discover more about it.
In Christ the King!
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
The forum ‘Read before posting’ is closed to new topics and replies.